Alex Castro’s Protein Pancakes
Here's a wonderful recipe for Protein Pancakes from our very own Alex Castro…
Let us know what you think...
Ingredients: (makes 6-8 pancakes)
- 8 egg whites
- 2-4 egg yolks
- 50-60 g of porridge oats
- 25g of chocolate whey protein
- 1 or 2 small bananas (optional)
- Oil for frying - either ground nut oil, almond oil or coconut oil
- Blend all ingredients together using either hand blender or food processor until it forms a thick consistency: more like American pancakes than crepes.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add a ladle of the batter. Wait until the pancake starts to bubble on the top then turn it over. Cook both sides until they are brown.
- Repeat until you have used up all the batter.
Serve with seasonal berries and fat-free yogurt and a small teaspoon of honey.