Wednesday Workout – Leg pull up
The Leg Pull up builds on back support, stability and flexibility.
- Sit tall with your legs extended straight in front. Pull naval into spine.
- Place your hands flat on the floor with fingertips pointing forward.
- Exhale and raise pelvis off the floor to create a long line, ankle to ear. Keep head in line with spine. Arms straight.
- Inhale lift one leg towards the ceiling and hold for one breath.
- Exhale and return the leg to the floor.
- Repeat with the opposite leg.
- Repeat 3 times on each leg.
Lucy Thirsk served for 15 years in the Army and is therefore no stranger to the “bootcamp” ethos. Having seen operational service in the likes of Iraq, she retired from the military due to illness but was determined to regain fitness and muscle definition. To do so in a controlled way, Lucy became a Level 3 Mat Pilates instructor, and was so impressed by her own recovery that she is now dedicated to helping others. Her military background means she likes working her clients hard, but her experience will keep you within your limits – making her classes fun but intensive. She loves running, keeping fit and broadening her expertise. Visit Lucy’s website for more information www.lucypilates.wix.com/lucy