10 ways to avoid the sniffles this winter
- SLEEP MORE and make it a regular pattern. Try to get at least 8 hours a night. Try to give your body some consistency by setting your weekend alarm to the same time as the week.
- SAY ‘NO’. Especially this time of year we try to be a people pleaser by saying yes to everything. You can’t be everywhere at the same time! Learn to say no and put your health first.
- TAKE B COMPLEX and a probiotic to boost your energy on a daily basis and vitamin D3 strengthens your immune system.
- VARY YOUR EXERCISE. Too much cardio can weaken your immune system so try to vary your routine and try relaxing workouts such as Pilates, Yoga or Tai Chi.
- EAT FOODS HIGH IN MAGNESIUM such as green leafy vegetables.
- REMOVE NEGATIVE INFLUENCES from your life. This includes bad relationships, time-zapping friends.
- TAKE A BREAK during the day and at least twice walk away from your desk and sit down and relax to reduce your heart rate. Try to do this in the morning and the afternoon.
- TAKE VITAMIN C. Try to take 1,000MG of vitamin C and eat five portions of vegetables each day to boost your levels of antioxidants.
- HAVE FUN. Spend time with family and friends and have fun and laughter - a great stress reliever.
- EAT SMALL PORTIONS of complex carbohydrates such as quinoa and brown rice to stabilise your blood sugar levels.