Fancy trying out a new snack full of protein?
Try this wonderful recipe for edamame spread…
- 180g shelled edamame beans
- 1 avocado, peeled and de-stoned
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- generous pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 10g parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 poached egg and toast to serve (optional)
- Put 120g of the beans into a food processor with the peeled avocado, sesame oil, salt, ground cumin, lime zest and lime juice. Blend for a minute or two until the mixture is mostly smooth but still a little chunky.
- Now toss in the remaining edamame beans along with the chopped parsley and hit the pulse button until the new ingredients are lightly incorporated. You want this second batch of edamame beans to be almost whole, so don’t over blend.
- Scoop out your mixture and transfer to a bowl, then serve on toast with an egg on top.