How to become a morning person
How you start the day determines what sort of day you will have and the mindset you will have throughout the day.
Most people start the day by hitting the snooze button or telling themselves they don’t want to get out of bed. This is NOT a good start to the day. When your alarm goes off you should consider it to be a gift and an opportunity to start working towards your goals and dreams while everyone else is still sleeping!
Follow these 5 steps to become a morning person:
- Consciously decide the next-day’s intentions every night to actively and mindfully create a positive expectation for the next morning.
- Move the alarm across the room. This will force you to get up and walk across the room to turn the alarm clock off and not hit the snooze button.
- Give your body time to wake up. Take part in ritual movements such as brushing your teeth and splashing water on your face. Simple movements such as these can increase your wakeup motivation.
- Drink a full glass of water. After 6 - 8 hours of sleep you will be slightly dehydrated which can cause fatigue. When you drink the water, you will hydrate yourself and wake yourself up.
- Dress in your exercise clothes. Some people prefer to start their day by jumping into the shower, but we believe people should earn a morning shower by breaking a sweat first!