Roasted Root Vegetable Salad
Are you bored of winter soup? We are!
So here’s a great recipe, from our friends at Health & Fitness magazine, for a delicious winter salad:
Ingredients for salad (serves 4):
1 small celeriac, 2 carrots, 2 parsnips all cut into 2cm chunks
2 tbsp olive oil
3 beetroots cut into thick wedges
2 tsp coriander seeds
1.5 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
15g fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
100g radicchio leaves
25g pistachios, shelled and chopped
Ingredients for the dressing:
100g greek yoghurt
1 tsp runny honey
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C/gas mark 7. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Toss the celeriac, carrots and parsnips with 1.5 tablespoons of the oil and scatter over two thirds of the baking tray. Mix the beetroots with the remaining oil and add to the other third of the tray to prevent colour staining the other vegetables. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Coarsely grind the spices with the salt with a pestle and mortar. Add to the vegetables, stirring gently and roast for a further 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Cool for 15 minutes.
- For the dressing, mix the yoghurt, honey, chilli and lemon juice and season.
- Place the parsley and radicchio in a serving bowl, add the roasted vegetables, toss gently. Drizzle the dressing over and scatter with the pistachios.