Karmen Pirh shares her coconut and apricot balls recipe.
Put some sunshine back into your life on these dark nights with Karmen’s tropical tasting protein treats…
“These coconut and apricot balls are just heavenly. They are creamy, sweet and soft with a bit of a crunch. I love the idea that they are so delicious and healthy at the same time. They are full of healthy fats from coconut, muscle building protein from almonds, and fibre from gluten free oats and apricots. I like to use apricots as they are very high in iron, potassium, fibre and antioxidants.
These balls are sugar free, raw, gluten-free and vegan. I like to make them in batches and store them in an airtight container in the fridge. They will last at least a month if you don’t eat them all before.”
Recipe makes about 15 balls
Preparation time: 20 minutes
• 1 cup shredded coconut
• 1 cup almonds or almond flour
• 1 cup soft apricots
• 1/2 cup old fashioned gluten-free oats
• 1 tbsp coconut oil (soft)
• 1/2 cup boiling water
• Pour the boiling water over shredded coconut and allow it to cool
• Place the almonds into a food processor with an S blade and process until ground
• Add oats and apricots and pulse for a minute
• Add the remaining ingredients, and process until it forms a dough
• Remove the dough from the food processor and wrap it well into a cling foil
• Allow it to set in the fridge for about an hour
• Roll out into balls and roll in shredded coconut.