Speedy metabolism… YES please!
What is metabolism? Well this is the way that your body burns up the calories consumed through foods eaten. It is a complex process that involves all the chemical reactions taking place in your body to keep your internal and external organs working at tip top condition. So you often hear people mentioning the many advantages of having a fast metabolism and one of them is being able to lose weight more easily.
Here’s some top tips on how to make sure your body’s fat burners are working correctly:
- Cut out caffeine as this stresses your adrenal glands which help regulate blood sugar, keeping your cortisol (stress hormone) steady. If you have a morning coffee, make sure you eat first or your body will pull sugar from your muscles.
- Eat organic when you can because when you eat food with synthentic chemicals your body has to work twice as hard to process them through your liver. So make sure you eat clean.
- Drink water and limit any naturally sweetened drinks to no more than two per day.
- Quit refined sugar. When you have too much of the sweet stuff your body has to work hard to stabilise your blood sugar levels. To get rid of the sugar, the body sends it to the fat cells.
- Eat 5 times per day - three meals and two snacks every day which should work out to eating approximately every three to four hours (except when you are asleep).
- Eat within 30 minutes of waking up. Breakfast is very important and shouldn’t be missed. If you are exercising first thing in the morning, make sure you eat beforehand!