Wintery porridge recipes
As the mornings are getting colder, we are looking for different ways to keep our bowls of porridge that little bit more exciting.
Here’s three of our favourite recipes for porridge:
- Add 80g of steel-cut oats and a pinch of sea salt to 300ml of boiling water and simmer for 3-5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add 200ml of almond milk and bring the porridge back to the boil the remove from the heat. Let this cool for 1 hour. Store in the fridge overnight.
- Slowly re-heat adding a bit of water and 2 tbsp of almond butter.
- Add the following toppings: 50g flaked almonds and chopped hazelnuts, pecans and walnuts and 1-2tsp of raw honey.
- Bring 100g white quinoa, 200ml water and a pinch of salt to the boil then simmer for 12 mins. Turn off the heat and cover with a dry cloth for 5 mins.
- Cook 2 medjool dates with 250ml almond milk in a pan.
- Add the quinoa, 1/4tsp chia seeds, 1/4tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 vanilla pod and cook until it’s nice and gooey.
- Add the following toppings: 1/2 banana, 15g pecans and a pinch of cinnamon.
Very Berry Porridge
- Simmer 200g strawberries, 100g blueberries and 100g raspberries in a pan until soft and juicy, then mash together roughly with a fork.
- Combine the 300g plain yoghurt and 100g flaxseed, then serve drizzled with the smashed berries and sprinkle with 2tbsp of goji berries.