Low-carb cauliflower pizza crust
If you are trying to cut back on gluten and grains then this veggie-powered pizza needs to make it into your kitchen!
Freshly grated cauliflower serves as the base of the pizza and the recipe only calls for tomatoes and fresh basil but feel free to add more toppings of your choice.
- 2 1/2 cups of cauliflower (grated)
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 425F degrees
- Grate the cauliflower using a box grater until you have two cups of cauliflower crumbles. Place in a large bowl and microwave for 7-8 minutes or until soft. Remove from the microwave and let cool.
- Mix in the egg, one cup mozzarella, 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round on the prepared pizza pan. Spray lightly with non-stick spray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Top the pizza with the sauce, 1/4 cup of mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, garlic and red pepper flakes. Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly. Top with basil before serving.
Calories per serving: 272 calories.